Heavy Duty low rail gantries, ideal for hybrid configurations
Thanks to the constant investments to offer new solutions and the know-how developed with world-leading customers, Multiax supplies a series of CNC machining centers at the edge of technology to best perform different machining operations on large work envelopes.
The rigid, FEM analyzed, heat treated and modular structure of the L series allows machining at high speed, with a wide range of configurations that makes it the f=perfect solution for industries requiring large work envelopes, with powerful material removal capacity, and high accuracy and surface finish quality.
The open structure and low operative rail heights give the maximum accessibility (loading/unloading) either from the front or from the sides. However, the rails can be offered at different heights; floor height, below floor-height, and above floor-height (for example on raised concrete side-walls) as selected for the specific customer application.
Among the most common jobs there are milling resin plugs and moulds as well as trimming large composite, aluminum or invar components in the aerospace, wind energy, architectural/construction, automotive and marine industries.
We particularly have a great experience in integrating our CNC milling machines with extrusion machines to apply PU or Epoxy paste on model with the CNC milling head and mill the model itself when the material is cured.
We take care of analyzing with the customers all the side aspects related to the CNC manufacturing process, including:
- material flow in the CNC room (including clamping systems under the machine)
- referencing the fixtures and the work pieces
- tools and production accessories
- integrated dust/swarf extraction devices
The L series has been engineered to install:
- different heads and spindle motors: high accuracy heads, operative speeds up to 43000 rpm, power up to 28 kW, different torque curves and dimensions, depending on the material and customer specific necessities
- CNCs and servo drives (standard Fanuc, Siemens, Osai, others available on request)
self-clearing rack-and-pinion servo drives
- Heavy Duty Tool Changers to support big tools and units: linear or rotary types, extra pick-ups, custom solutions
The Heavy Duty construction of the L series, thanks to its modular architecture construction allows to be integrated with:
- different clamping devices, application specific, either on the table or directly on the floor (in one or more independent areas)
effective head dust extraction systems
- ‘scale-in-rail’ linear guide ways or add-on
- Heidenhein linear scales
- dual servo-motors for high end anti-backlash operation
- tool setters and touch probes
- different tool cooling systems
- bellows and way covers
- automatic CNC paste extrusion through the head on large 3D surfaces, with mixing and dosing machine on board
- laser scanners
- Not only milling: hybrid solutions and integrated operations for advanced industries (application of fasteners, rivets, resins, glue, hot wire, mill/waterjet hybrid configurations, etc.)