Heavy Duty closed structure, high rail gantries for large work envelopes
This massive suspended gantry 5-Axis CNC machine is ideal for machining large cubic size work pieces. Most common automated CNC operations include milling, cutting, drilling, countersinking, rivet and fasteners applications, etc.
The moving bridge structure with a wide range of optional components, allows the user to machine various sizes of large work pieces, while ensuring high cutting speeds, high precision and a smooth surface finish.
Different mechanical alternatives and component sizes are available to grant the requested tolerances and performances, over different materials and sector standards.
Applications for this type of machine are typical of the wind energy, automotive, aerospace and marine industries or cross-sector model, pattern and mold makers.
Typical materials to be machined are: composite materials, resins, epoxies, tooling boards, FRP’s, aluminum and other non-ferrous alloys.
The Heavy Duty construction of the A series, thanks to its modular architecture construction allows to be integrated with:
- Vacuum, T-slot, cast iron tables, hybrid vacuum/mechanic clamping configurations
- clamping devices either on a table or directly on the floor (in one or more independent areas)
- effective head dust extraction systems
- ‘scale-in-rail’ linear guide ways or add-on Heidenhein linear scales
- dual servo-motors for high end anti-backlash operation
- tool setters and touch probes
- different tool cooling systems
- bellows and way covers
- laser scanners
- VDO camera network (operational/safety)
- other integrated solutions
Multiax will take care of analyzing with the customers all the side aspects related to the CNC manufacturing process, including:
- material flow in the CNC room (including clamping systems under the machine)
- referencing the fixtures and the work pieces
- tools and production accessories
- integrated dust/swarf extraction devices
The A series has been engineered to install:
- different heads and spindle motors: high accuracy heads, operative speeds up to 43,000 rpm, power up to 28 kW, different torque curves and dimensions, depending on the material and customer specific necessities
- CNCs and servo drives (standard Fanuc, Siemens, Osai, others available on request)
- Self-clearing rack-and-pinion servo drives
- Heavy Duty Tool Changers to support big tools and units: linear or rotary types, extra pick-up, custom solutions
- Not only milling: hybrid solutions and integrated operations for advanced industries (application of fasteners, rivets, resins, glue, hot wire, mill/waterjet hybrid configurations, etc.)