MULTIAX INTERNATIONAL for the AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
Solutions for CNC Machining Aluminum & Composites in Aerospace
We specialise in providing high quality bespoke manufacturing solutions: heavy-duty three to five-axis machines, designed for high performance, efficiency and high reliability. The Multiax range of machine structures for aerospace are designed to be adapted to provide the optimum manufacturing system, engineered for each individual manufacturing requirements. The typical products are aluminium, Invar or high-strength, lightweight, composite structures. The typical materials are epoxy, polyester, phenolic and polyamide resin systems, reinforced with fiberglass, graphite, Kevlar®, NOMEX, glare or boron.
Another typical group of materials include composite/alloys compounds like CFRP/AL or CFRP/Ti.
There are many aspects to be evaluated carefully to provide a “turnkey solution” to our customers. Including the process where the machine has to operate, the cube dimensions, the tolerances requested, the type of material and its specifications. Other consequent aspects are the software, fixtures, camping system, chip / dust collection, conveyors, positioning systems, work piece handling and other automations.
Multiax high speed spindles are designed for machining aluminum, profiling and cutting titanium, Invar and other alloys or composite/alloy compounds. The CNC systems are similarly specified for efficient and trouble-free high speed manufacturing, and are specified for processing intricate tool paths, with large NC files, at the highest cutting speeds. Software aspects and CNC logic are also carefully analyzed to provide the customer with a perfectly integrated solution. Various specific solutions are available to enhance productivity, ease-of-use, safety, reliability and flexibility.
Other issues MULTIAX provides for typical aerospace applications are:
- different heads and spindles designed for machining typical materials from CFRP to aluminium, invar or drilling and cutting titanium
- Chips/dust proof ways and sealed bearing carriages
- Adaptive and feedback controls (to manage different layers/materials)
- Advanced preload solutions as twin servo drives
- CAD-CAM interfaces and posts
- High resolutions with direct drives and scales
- High efficiency dust extractions
- Wet cutting with flood coolant
- Powerful heads with high power/torque spindles
AMONG OTHER CAPABILITIES TO SET UP HYBRID SOLUTIONS
- Universal holding fixtures
- Precision machine beds
- Automatic placement of fasteners/clips
- Automatic paste extrusion
- Automatic glue/resin injection
- Two-axis wrist with abrasive waterjet catcher
• Aircraft Interior (stow bins, ceiling panels, sidewall panels, floor boards and panel assemblies, shelf panels, galleys)
• Aircraft Exterior (leading and trailing edges, nacelles rudders, flight control structures like flaps, fun reverser components, thrust reversers, nose gear doors, fairings)
• Other Structural Components (helicopter blades, etc.)
• Universal holding fixtures
• Precision machine beds
• Automatic past extrusion
• Automatic glue/resin injection
• Automatic placement of fasteners
• High Speed Aluminum Panel Nesting
• Two-axis wrist with abrasive waterjet cathcer